Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Guest Blog at Parents Place

"Every child deserves a proper diagnosis. Every child is worthy of a free and legal education. Every parent is entitled to know their options." This is the proclamation on the welcoming page for the Diagnosing Parents Rights website. The site, authored by writer and activist Sera Rivers, is a full of information and encouragement for parents of kids with disabilities. In addition to information about Sera and her journey as a parent, the site contains useful links and is home to "Parents Place," a blog / discussion board for parents. I was impressed by the creativity and enthusiasm with which the information on this site is presented, so when I was asked to guest blog at Parents Place, I eagerly agreed. The topic is advocacy strategies for parents, and I shared some of the top tips for advocacy based on my experiences in attending IEPs with many parents over the years. Parents - this blog post is for you, and I hope you find it useful and insightful!
www.diagnosingparentsrights.com

No comments:

Post a Comment