Monday, October 17, 2011

Why I hope Everyone Sees "Wretches and Jabberers"

A couple of nights ago, I was perusing available movies on "On Demand" and saw that "Wretches and Jabberers" is now available! I believe it is also now available on DVD. Back on May 12, 2011, I attended a small screening in Glendale of the movie as part of the nationwide event "100 Cities, One Night for Autism." What a great night, and what an amazing movie!

I find it difficult to describe the effect this movie has on the audience. It is of course, as so many reviewers have said, all at once funny, moving, educational, inspiring. But a list of adjectives can't really sum up the experience of watching as Larry Bissonnette and Tracy Thresher go on a journey that takes them physically around the world, and emotionally through experiences that change both them and those they meet.

In my humble opinion, this is a movie absolutely everyone should see. There is something utterly beautiful about the unfiltered look into the world from Larry and Tracy's perspective. It isn't just a movie about Autism... It's about communicating with the world, making connections with other people, being understood, being accepted and loved... I encourage all of you reading this to go out and see it soon - and share it with others!

No comments:

Post a Comment